I can’t believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I love this time of year!
The turkey, the football and the family time! I have so many memories of Thanksgiving when I was growing up. My parents would set out pieces of bread in the laundry room and let them get hard for their homemade stuffing. Once they were hard enough, we would get a big bowl and break the bread into cubes as a family! My dad would get up early and get the turkey ready, letting it cook in the oven all morning and then make his infamous homemade coleslaw!
I also remember helping wipe down the china that we didn’t use all year and setting the table! Most years, it was just the five of us: my parents, myself and my two older sisters. We had so much fun helping prepare the dinner and then sitting down together in the formal dining room and enjoying each other!
When dinner was over and everyone was stuffed, we would clean up and break out the dessert! Quite possibly the best part of the meal, there are so many options to make for dessert. From pumpkin pie to cheesecake, I put together a list of some delicious recipes for you to try this year for your Thanksgiving. So, break out those oven mitts and measuring cups and start baking!
- Autumn Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: Oh My Gosh, this cake from Cooking Classy looks amazing! The fall season is the perfect time to take out your spices and whip up a delicious dessert! With ingredients like ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, this cake has a wonderful array of flavors. Check out the recipe here.
- Chocolate Brownie and Mousse Trifle: This trifle by Fab Fatale has only a few ingredients and is easy enough for anyone to make! One important thing to remember if you are making this dessert is to make it ahead of time because it needs to sit in the fridge for 8 hours. You also need to let the whipped topping thaw before making the trifle. How can you go wrong with chocolate and whipped topping together? Yum! Full recipe here.
- Pumpkin Pie with Brown Sugar Topping: Um, yes please! Just A Pinch hit the nail on the head with this recipe! There are so many delicious recipes on her site, I was on it for almost an hour browsing! There is honestly nothing I love more on Thanksgiving than a pumpkin pie. Add a brown sugar topping and your guests will not be able to resist! Find the recipe here.
- Sugar Cookies: I love sugar cookies because you can decorate them however you want! There are a ton of different icing recipes you can try! These cookies from Fireflies and Mud Pies are perfect for Thanksgiving. The recipe uses sour cream to make the dessert soft and candy corn to make the face of a turkey. I am going to try these this year!
- Classic Cheesecake: While there are so many variations of cheesecakes, my favorite kind to eat is the classic recipe! This cheesecake uses graham crackers for the crust and cream cheese for the cake itself. Top this delicious dessert with anything your guests like and enjoy! Find the recipe here.
What is your favorite dessert recipe for the holiday? I would love to hear from you! xoxo