**This post contains affiliate links!
One thing you will learn about me if you follow my blog is that I love to read! I am at the library at least twice a week and I am always looking for a new book to read!
I read all kinds of books from mystery and chick lit to memoirs and advice. So, when my husband and I were starting on our journey to better finances I looked for books that gave advice from financial professionals or experts. I have read Dave Ramsey’s book and the others are on my list! We still have a road ahead of us with our finances but everyone has to start somewhere. I hope these books make a difference in your life and financial journey! You can read about the journey that we are on here.
Have you read any of the books below? Do you have any books to add to the list? I would love to hear from you! Comment or e-mail me at email@example.com!
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Dave Ramsey is someone that I would recommend to anyone looking for advice on any financial aspect of their life. He has some of the best ideas and tips I have ever heard! He breaks down a clear path to becoming debt free and so many people have been successful with his program. I drive half an hour to work each day and I listen to his podcast almost everyday! This is a must-read!
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J Stanley & William D Danko
- The authors of The Millionaire Next Door, Stanley & Danko, are both doctors who have dedicated years and years of research to help people become financially independent and successful. Their book is filled with people who are wealthy and some of the ways they live their life! They have seven clear rules to follow such as always live below your means and choose your career wisely. They believe that hard work, sacrifice and dedication is what it takes to become debt free!
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- This six week personal finance program by Ramit Sethi is geared toward adults between the ages of 20 and 35, but I honestly believe it can be influential for any age! The way he writes is funny and light, which makes the topic of financial independence also light. There is so much that can be learned from Sethi and his ideas about banking, investing and financial freedom!
- Rich B**ch by Nicole Lapin
- Quick! You can snag Nicole Lapin’s book for .99 for your Kindle! Rich B**ch is the type of book that you will want to read over and over again. She puts her own spin on information that everyone has heard and makes it relateable for everyone, of all ages!
- Broke Millenial by Erin Lowry
- First of all, I am in love with the title of this book! Broke Millenial by Erin Lowry is meant to help you “stop scraping by and get your financial life together”. So many of us live paycheck to paycheck, us included, and Lowry’s advice helps you take the steps to stop living this way! Grab a copy of this book and begin on your road to financial freedom!