This guest post is by Lacie Martin of http://raisethemwell.org/
There are many advantages to working from home, especially when you’re raising a family and parenting young children. However, finding a healthy balance between your family and work-from-home career isn’t always easy — and the flexibility in your work schedule may mean you’re working through lunch breaks and spending most evenings and weekends in your office.
For some tips and resources on finding a healthy work-life balance when you’re working from home and raising a family, read on!
Create a Healthy Daily Routine that Minimizes Stress
Daily routines help to create more balance, self-discipline, downtime and focus in our personal and professional lives.
– Revising your morning routine can make you happier, calmer and more productive.
– Research ways to balance working, parenting, and schooling from home.
– Establish a dinner routine that gives your family a chance to sit down together.
Simplify Your Personal and Professional Life
These suggestions will help to free up some of your time as you strive to achieve a healthy balance between your personal and professional life.
– Consider hiring a maid service to help you with regular home cleanings.
– Embrace a minimalist lifestyle to reduce stress at home.
– Hire freelancers to help you with the professional tasks you struggle to keep up with.
The following resources will help to further your goal of achieving a healthy work-life balance when working from home.
10 Solutions for Work-at-Home Stress
An Age Appropriate Household Chores List for Kids
Family-Friendly Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Whether you’ve been working remotely for years or you’re still adjusting to work-from-home life amid COVID-19, it can take some time to achieve a healthy balance between raising a family and working full-time from home. Once you find that healthy balance, however, you’ll experience less stress and more enjoyment in both your personal and professional life.