This post contains affiliate links 🙂
Have you ever noticed how your mind can literally change the way your day goes? Seriously. You can wake up on a bright sunny day but a negative mindset will make it feel cloudy and dreary.
You may not realize it, but your mind is one of the most powerful tools you possess. Your thoughts and the way you talk to yourself have an impact on your self confidence, your success and your outlook on life.
It is so easy to be overcome with negative thoughts. So easy to find yourself on a hamster wheel of self-doubt, bad experiences and destructive internal dialogue.
Learning how to think positive thoughts daily will help you start living a more positive life. Also, you will begin to reframe your thinking and quiet those negative voices.
A few months ago, I started really diving deep into transforming my mindset and I started saying positive affirmations to start my day as part of my morning routine. Some mornings, I pull two or three cards from Louise Hay’s card deck and other mornings I say my own affirmations.
It has been life changing.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help to combat negative thoughts and overcome negative self-talk. When used often and repeated to yourself, affirmations can work to calm anxiety, stress, overwhelm and other negative emotions. These affirmations can be long or short, whatever suits you, and can contain words that make you feel strong, in control and positive.
Do they really work?
Honestly, when I first researched affirmations, I was skeptical. I mean, how could repeating words REALLY have an effect on my mindset and my thoughts? Well, I am here to tell you that they 100% make a difference. I have found myself more calm, more present/grounded and able to really quiet the negative thoughts that creep in.
A few tips for getting started using affirmations:
- Sit in a quiet place
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths to ground yourself
- Repeat the affirmation(s) as often as possible
- Write one or two down someplace that you can see them
- Start your morning with affirmations
- Repeat them throughout the day whenever you need to!
Here is a list of 25 affirmations for a positive mindset! Pick as many as you feel called to and start with them!
1. I am safe
2. I have all I need to succeed
3. I can do this
4. Today will be a beautiful day
5. This too shall pass
6. I am worthy
7. I am enough
8. I have the power to change my life
9. I am attracting peace & joy into my life
10. I will not stress over things I can’t control
11. I am exactly where I should be
12. I am breaking free from self-doubt & moving forward with confidence
13. I know who I am & I don’t need approval from others
14. I am here for a reason
15. I am loved
16. All is well in my life
17. I am in control of my emotions & my thoughts
18. I have so many things to be grateful for
19. I am strong
20. I make my own choices
21. I will say “no” to negativity & “yes” to positivity
22. I do not regret my mistakes; they make me the person that I am
23. Each day, I am moving forward & growing
24. I love the person that I am becoming
25. I believe in myself & all of my abilities