“The light in a child’s eyes is all it takes to make Christmas a magical time of the year!”
I first heard about filling a Christmas Eve box for our little one from a friend of mine a few years ago. She had started this tradition with her kids and they all love it! It is something the kids look forward to each year.
So, this year, we are joining in on the fun! If you search on Pinterest for “Christmas Eve Box”, you will find so much useful information. Other families have awesome ideas on what to put inside the box and when to let the kids open it! We are going to spend Christmas Eve with my husband’s grandparents, so we are going to do it a little different.
Since we will probably be home too late at night this year to enjoy what is inside the box, we are going to give it to Olivia after Christmas Eve brunch! I can’t wait to see her face when she opens it!
The first thing we did when we decided to jump on the Christmas Eve Box bandwagon was pick out the right size box. We weren’t sure yet what exactly the contents were going to be, so we went for a larger box. Something like this or like this would work perfectly. Next, it was time to decide on what we should put inside the box!
Here is what we are filling her box with!!
- Leap: This movie looks so cute! Since she takes ballet, jazz and tap, we thought she would adore this movie! I may be kind of excited to watch it too.. just saying.. 🙂
- Lots of Knock Knock Jokes for Kids: We may regret putting this in her box but.. YOLO! I don’t know about your little one but Olivia loves telling us knock-knock jokes. She makes all kinds of things up and then laughs hysterically! Inside this book is over 250 jokes for kids to tell, which she is going to have so much fun with! (Grandma picked this one…karma!)
- Christmas PJs: How cute are these pjs? I love Christmas pajamas! I know this is pretty much a staple in most family’s Christmas Eve boxes and we are definitely copying. She will love to wear these to bed and open her gifts Christmas morning in them!
- Hot Chocolate: Who doesn’t love hot chocolate in winter? Last year, my husband’s grandmother gave us all matching hot cocoa mugs so she will love to have her yummy drink in that mug! We are going all out and getting the ones with the mini marshmallows!
- Popcorn: Um, yes please! Popcorn goes perfectly with a new movie!
Here are some more ideas of cute boxes from different sites!
- The Cutest Christmas Eve Gift for Your Kids by Money Saving Sisters
- Night Before Christmas Box by Every Child is a Blessing
- The Christmas Eve Box Tradition by The Chirping Moms
- Night Before Christmas Box by OhMy! Creative
Check out some of the traditions we have started as a family for the holidays! XOXO