I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving yesterday!
We had so much delicious food from turkey and macaroni & cheese to mashed potatoes and green beans. We sat around the table for a long time and laughed and joked and devoured the dishes! When we were done eating and our stomachs weren’t as full, we shared pumpkin pie, triple chocolate cheesecake and pecan pie!
It was such a great day filled with so much joy and love. There are so many leftovers, the fridge isn’t big enough for everything! So when Black Friday rolls around and all the shopping is done, open up those Tupperware containers and whip up something using ingredients from Thanksgiving dinner!
Growing up, my favorite thing my parents made after Thanksgiving was fried sweet potatoes and turkey sandwiches! I wanted to share with you a few awesome recipes I found that use your leftovers, including how to fry up those potatoes. What is your favorite thing to make with leftovers from Thanksgiving? I love hearing ideas! xoxo
- Potatoes that aren’t mashed, any kind you used for Thanksgiving
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
What to do:
This is so easy to do! If you make potatoes like my parents always have, then you have cubed potatoes left over.
- Grab your large frying pan and warm it over medium heat
- Use a small amount of butter, 1-2 tablespoons according to your taste buds
- Melt the butter in the pan
- Take the potatoes and put them on the pan
- As they fry, mash them down into a cake
- When the bottom is cooked enough, flip the potato over
- Do this with each potato until they are as dark as you like
Put the ingredients in the slow cooker before you head out for some shopping and come home to a delicious meal!
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup peas (we leave this out because Joey doesn’t like peas)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 3 1/2 cups potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Stuffing for on top
Check out the full recipe here!
Quick and easy, this casserole uses popular Thanksgiving dishes to make a delicious one dish meal that goes in the oven!
- 4 cups stuffing, divided
- 4 cups turkey
- 3/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Find the full recipe on It Is A Keeper!
Get that yummy turkey out and make a sandwich the whole family will enjoy!
- Sliced bread
- Cranberry sauce
- Kale, spinach or another green
- Bacon, about 2 slices per sandwich
Check out the entire recipe on Sugar Dish Me!
Use your leftover mashed potatoes to make a different kind of pancakes!
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sour cream
- Salt, to taste
Visit Creative Homemaking for the full recipe!