For as long as I can remember, I have had acne. I remember starting high school and trying so hard to cover up the pimples and uneven skin on my face!
I went to dermatologists, tried creams and gels and even Accutane to get rid of my skin problems. (If you ever used Accutane, it was no joke!) Each product would help reduce the redness and breakouts on my face but eventually, it would all come back. It was like a losing battle and I was defeated!
Since then, I have tried so many products and combinations that I cannot even remember all of them. Some things made me break out worse while others would help for a little while but not clear my skin up completely! Through all of my trial and error, I have finally found a combination of products that I use every night religiously that has virtually eliminated breakouts!
Now, don’t get me wrong, I still do get pimples random days! But, today, the length of the breakout has significantly decreased! It has been amazing the difference I have seen since using these products together! Each product is reasonably priced and can be found in stores.
I have to tell you that I don’t do a lot of the things that people suggest such as washing your face twice a day! When I have attempted to do that, it has only caused more problems with my skin so I stick to only nighttime. I also wet my face before using each product, even the make-up wipes! My skin is so sensitive that there are not many products that I can use on dry skin. I tend to look for tea tree oil, aloe, and water in the ingredients of the skin care products I use because they are not as harsh on my skin.
Have you used any of these products? Leave a comment below! xoxo
- I wet my face each night and use my Rich Green Tea make-up wipes! I have only found these specific wipes at TJ Maxx and I am obsessed! They are so gentle on my skin and wipe off all the eye make-up and mascara I wear. My favorite thing about these wipes is that they are so good and inexpensive! $2.99!
- After I rinse from using the wipes, I use Body Prescriptions Micellar Cleansing Water. I keep my face wet and apply enough of the product to wet a cotton ball. The bottle says that it can be used on your eyes, face and lips however when I use it on my eyes it burns! My skin isn’t the only thing that is sensitive! This Micellar Water truly get all of my foundation and other make-up off my face before I cleanse. Another TJ Maxx find! $2.99!
- I once again rinse and then apply my absolute favorite cleanser, EVER, on my Konjac Sponge and wash my face! I have been using Burts Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser for years and I don’t know if I will use anything else. The cleanser is super creamy and feels wonderful on my skin. This product is a little more expensive in stores, $11.99 at CVS, but you can snag it from Amazon for under $6.00!
- With my skin still wet after rinsing, I use my Dr. Wellness Super Clean Pores as a toner! I do the same thing as with the Micellar Water, saturating a cotton ball and using it all over my face. I do not use this product on my eyes either, but rather focus on my cheeks and chin where I tend to break out the most and have larger pores. I am on my third bottle of this baby and I will probably go get two more to stock up at my local TJ Maxx!
- After I rinse off the Super Clean Pores, I FINALLY dry my face! I like to let my face really dry before moisturizing so I brush my teeth in between the toner and my final step. The Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer is the only moisturizer I have used that doesn’t make my face red and make me break out. It is so soft and feels so good on my skin! If you have sensitive skin like I do, you have to try this moisturizer! It is a little on the more expensive side, $11.74 on Amazon, and is a small bottle so doesn’t last super long if you use it everyday, but it is worth it!