Do you cringe when you think of buying gifts for everyone on your list? Every family member and friend and teacher and boss? Me too!
For many years, we have let the stress of trying to afford gifts for everyone get to us and cloud the joy of the season. This year however, we are doing it different! We are going to make DIY gifts for everyone on our list! I am ALWAYS on Pinterest and I have found some of the cutest ideas for anyone, and you don’t have to break the bank! I am so excited to share some of the gifts I have found and which ones I am going to make. What is your favorite DIY Christmas gift you have been given? I would love to hear from you! xoxo
- Lavendar Oatmeal Bath Bomb: For someone on your list who loves to take a bath and relax, this bath bomb would be perfect! It doesn’t require a ton of ingredients, some of them you may even have in your cabinets already. Visit Beauty Crafter for lots of DIY recipes!
- Personalized Mugs: If you are looking for something that you can completely personalize, a personalized mug is a great idea! You can find really pretty white or plain mugs at Dollar Tree or really save and check out your local Goodwill store. You can easily use a Sharpie marker or a permanent marker for a ceramic and create anything you want! PennyWise Cook has an adorable design on the mugs she made! Important: If you are using a Sharpie, make sure you tell whoever you are gifting this to that it cannot go through the dishwasher!
- Photo Coasters: I am definitely going to be making a few of these for Christmas! These coasters are super cute and not very difficult to make! You only need six ingredients for this craft and it will be perfect for under the tree. I have seen directions other ways too but I think The Frugal Girls give the best instructions and break down what you need to do so anyone can do it!
- Cozy Slippers Filled with Goodies: Are you someone who is not super crafty? Maybe you want to make Christmas gifts this year but you don’t have the time or resources to make something from scratch! Well, look no further! The girls at Pretty Providence have directions and a video on their website to use beautiful slippers and fill them with goodies! You can tailor what you put inside the slippers to the person you are giving them to! Some examples are nail products, beauty products, or even sweets! Have fun with it!
- Helping Hands Pot Holders: I LOVE these! I mean, adore! I would never have thought of making something like these pot holders! You can find beautiful pot holders at stores like Christmas Tree Shoppes, Dollar Tree or TJ Maxx and not have to spend a lot. Any grandparent would love this present!
- Recipe Box: I know so many people who live in the kitchen and who would love a homemade box for their many recipes! The Sorry Girls came up with the idea of this box for Mother’s Day but I love it for Christmas! Their YouTube channel has tons of DIY crafts to check out. ** Skip to 1:59 in the video for the Recipe Box tutorial**
- Mason Jar Lid Magnets: Okay, I am obsessed with these magnets! Seriously how cute and crafty are they? And the best part? You only need a few materials! Yay! The finished product is so beautiful for anyone on your list.
- Spa in a Jar: Look at this great idea from Growing Up Gabel! These jars are so creative and you can really personalize them to the person you are giving it to. Have fun decorating the outside of the jar too and the pretty decor on the inside around the products! I love this idea!
- Chocolate Mug Cake Mix: How cute is this gift? Especially the writing on the outside of the jar! This would be perfect for a last minute gift or any chocolate lovers on your list. I would love to get this as a gift! Make sure you add the directions on the jar so they know what to do!