It’s DIY time!!
A few years ago, a friend of mine had a DIY party where she invited a few people over and we all brought supplies and we spent time CRAFTING. Paint, Christmas music and food – the perfect combination!
I’m not sure where the inspiration came from, it was too long ago to remember lol, but we made the cutest Christmas card holders! I still put mine up every year and hang all of the beautiful Christmas cards I get. They were so much fun to make and we each put our own spin on the one we created!
There are so many things you can make during Christmas time to decorate your home, and this DIY project luckily doesn’t require a lot of supplies which means you don’t have to break your budget! Score! You can make your Christmas card holder however you want but I want to show you how I made mine.
Supplies You Will Need:
- A blank canvas
- Acrylic paints
- Christmas ribbon
- Glitter glue
- Small wooden clothespins
- A pencil
- A stapler
- The first thing you need to do is pick out the size of the canvas you want to use.
- Next, decide what color paints you want to use. I chose red, green and white!
- Choose the number of ribbons you want hanging, I did four, and then cut them as long as you want.
- Now on to the fun part.. painting! Paint the entire canvas (including the edges) the color that you want, mine is red.
- Let this layer of paint dry and then paint another layer to make sure you can’t see any white.
- When that second layer is dry, use a pencil to sketch the design you want on the canvas! Make sure it is dark enough for you to see but light enough to paint over.
- Next, paint the design however you want on the canvas! Get creative!
- After my design was dry, I outlined the ‘L’ and the circles with glitter glue to give it even more Christmas style!
- Once the canvas is all dry and you are in love with your design, it is time to attach the ribbon.
- Turn the canvas over and staple twice on each ribbon on the bottom of the canvas, where the ledge is.
11. Clip the clothespins on the edges of the ribbons to hold the cards!
Voila! You’re done! Your homemade Christmas card holder is complete! Hang it on the wall and display all the lovely cards you get this season.