Happy New Year’s Eve! I can’t believe today is the last day of 2017! Where has this year gone?!
I have been working on my goals for the new year for a few days now because I really want them to be ones that I will accomplish in 2018! So many years, I have found myself looking back to the goals I made for myself and realizing that I set myself up for failure by not being realistic. If you need help figuring out your goals, check out the post I wrote recently on how to set goals for the new year!
I want to share with you guys the goals and aspirations I have set for myself for 2018! I am so excited to start working on these goals and to move into the new year!
For me, 2017 was a year of SO much change, growth and perspective. After I share with you my goals, I also want to share what I learned this past year! I hope you enjoy!
My 2018 Goals
- Pay off the rest of our debt
- This is a big one for us! We have come so far in our journey to paying off our debt, which you can read about here, and we are still working hard. In 2018, I want to have all of our debt (except for my student loans!) completely paid off!
- Continue growing Karen Sincerely
- Launching this blog has quite possibly been the best decision I have made for myself in years! I was hesitant to start a blog, even though I have wanted to for years, because I wasn’t sure if anyone would care about what I had to say. When I started in October, I had no idea what I was doing and I have been learning as I go. I am truly enjoying this journey! I have a plan for Karen Sincerely in 2018 and I am so excited to see where it goes!
- Be more healthy + more active
- This one is very personal and important to me. It isn’t about the number on the scale or the size of my clothes, it is about being healthy. I want to set a good example for my daughter and I want to be more active! This year, my goal is to get outside more and live a healthier life!
- Have more dates with my husband
- I think it is so important, kids or no kids, to spend alone time with your significant other! We don’t get to go on many dates together, at home or out, and this year I will make it a priority. Even if it is just a movie night at home or grabbing some ice cream on a warm night, I want to spend some time with him where it is just us!
- More one on one time with my daughter
- Similarly, I want to start spending more one on one time with my daughter! With the craziness of everyday life, the week seems to go so fast and the weekend even faster. I will take more time out of our busy schedule to read, paint our nails and play games. The years are going by so quick, I want to hold on while I can!
- Be more organized
- I don’t know about you but I always have every intention of being more organized but it never seems to happen! I started a bullet journal in November but it wasn’t used as much as it should be in December. I want to plan out my blog, cleaning, social media and personal responsibilities. Let’s get organized!
What I Have Learned In 2017
- Cherish the moments
- In March, my husband and I were at the movies with our daughter seeing Beauty And The Beast when I got a phone call that would send my family into a whirlwind. My dad was in the hospital and we have spent the last few months on pins and needles with his health. I always knew how important it was to cherish the moments but this has forever changed me! I am more intentional and present with my family, friends and loved ones!
- You can do anything you put your mind to
- Anything. You can do anything you want to! With hard work and determination, you can make your dreams come true!
- Hold your dreams close to your heart
- I have had people, when I tell them about my blog, minimize me and what I am doing! I have had a family member make a nasty comment about my blog recently. It hurt my feelings but I didn’t let it get me down! Don’t let anyone take your dreams away from you. Hold them close and hold on tight. There will be people who won’t understand your journey and that’s okay. Focus on what you want in life and don’t worry about what other people say, even if they are the people closest to you!
- Family is everything
- Since the beginning of my blogging journey, my husband has been nothing but supportive and reassuring! He shares my blog and tells everyone he knows how proud he is of me, he takes pictures, proofs my writing and believes in me! I honestly don’t know what I would do without him! My little family means the world to me and I hold them so dear!
I would like to wish you and your family a happy, healthy and peaceful 2018! What are your goals for the new year? Did you learn any important lessons in 2017? I would love to hear from you! Comment below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org! XOXO